Andre Faille

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Ivan
Vassileff
Sent: November 13, 2002 3:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] R�f. : [FW-1] FTP nat'ed on FP3

Hello

The way fw1 handles static destination nating has been modified
significantly before and after fp3

Action 1 : identify the kind of nating you use and the associated
operations you may need to perform :
manual NAT (rules written manually in the nat window) or automatic  NATed
(workstation nated) ?

If automatic => go and check in Policy/global properties/Nat to see if a
tickmarck is placed on your "perform translation on client side" for
automatic nat.
By itself in FP3, it should take care of ARP proxying, Routing and
antispoofing as it did in FP2.
The added value of FP3/FP2 is that for ARP proxying on W2K you should not
need the program fwparp.exe anymore . But this still needs to be verified
;-)

If manual => go and check in Policy/global properties/Nat to see if a
tickmarck is placed on your "perform translation on client side" for
manual nat. By itself in FP3, it should take care of ARP proxying, Routing
and antispoofing
The added value of FP3/FP2  is that it previously did NOT exist in FP2.
It should work fine with the possible exception on the arp proxying on w2k
issue mentionned above.

Action 2 : if it still does not work then we come back to our arp proxying
on w2k issue.

In FP3 you are supposed to create a new file called %FW1%/conf/local.arp
with the following syntax
Once done you cpstop and cpstart your firewall.
It might work.

If it still does not, to cure this in FP2, you had the program fwparp.exe,
that you can find on checkpoint site, as previously mentionned in that
list.
This program has an interesting syntax  : fwparp <new public IP> <external
interface of firewall IP - AND NOT MAC>, It checks then the MAC
associated.
You might give it a try as a backup solution.

Anyone comments, criticisms, better tricks ?

Ivan

Andre Faille <[email protected]>
Envoy� par : Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
<[email protected]>
13/11/2002 20:45
Veuillez r�pondre � Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1

        Pour :  [email protected]
        cc :
        Objet : [FW-1] FTP nat'ed on FP3

Hi,

can anyone help? I upgraded and my FTP server in not available anymore
from
the internet...

FW1-NG1 ugraded from FP1 to FP3
on Windows 2000
DMZ address 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.248

FTP server in DMZ
10.10.10.1 255.255.255.248
nat'ed to outside (internet) address, static mode

Thought it might be either the TOPOLOGY missing in the FW for the FTP
configuration or the
FTP protocol (I added ftp-bidir & ftp_mapped), still no reply from my FTP
server from outside???

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Andre Faille