From: Morten Jensen [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 4:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] To FP3, or not to FP3, that is the question

Hi Hal
I don't really know what to say...

Site 1:
        Main office 65 users, Secure platform FP2 3 NIC's (External, Internal, DMZ)
        No NAT, but loads of rules. Remote access SecureClient and all.
        VPN with London, encrypting both private and public IP-traffic
        No issues, speed ok, disaster recovery 1.5 hour. Faster with a preconfigured machine :-)

Site 2:
        London office, only 15 users, Secure platform FP3 two NIC's fairly simple setup.
        Using NAT, SecureClient, VPN with main office. Only two NIC's
        (they don't run any servers available apart from mail server... -Yeah I know, but budget and space...)
        No issues, Speed okay ".." disaster recovery 2 hours + (old server). faster with preconfigured machine :-)

They work together, I like the GUI for FP3 better, but apart from that I don't see a big difference, sure there is a lot of technical stuff but honestly the day to day stuff is the same...

I would go for FP3, always go for the latest release ;-)

Mvh.
Morten