From: Melcher, Andrew <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
<[email protected]>
Sent: Thu Nov 07 18:10:42 2002
Subject: [FW-1] SecuRemote Failure - reason:User authenticated by Firewall.
Sendi ng SSL Encrypted Topology, using IKE authentication.

I have had a problem with SecuRemote.  Multiple users/ Possibly all users of
SecuRemote can authenticate to my firewalls but they can not connect to any
machines in the encrypted domain.  We are using RADIUS for authentication
but I have tested a pre-shared secret user and had the same result.  The
drop happens on Rule 0.  Has anybody had this error?

reason:User authenticated by Firewall. Sending SSL Encrypted Topology, using
IKE authentication.

I can not find a place where the client or the firewall has an SSL Topology
set.  I have always set for IKE when configuring the VPN.

I have a meshed site-to-site VPN with users of SecuRemote at each of four
sites.  I am using NG FP2 for all of my VPN and SecuRemote users.  Up until
Monday all users were able to connect with SecuRemote and I had no errors.
I have had my support person(CP Partner) look at my policy/logs and he can
not find a problem.

I have created new users using different authentications and all have had
the same problem.  I am using Nokia 380/350s with acceleration.  My policy
is not extensive (11 lines).

Sincerely,

Andrew P. Melcher III

as a result of viruses."