[FW-1] state table connection size not changing with NG FP3 backward com pat

I have an NG FP3 management console (Solaris 2.8) managing a Nokia IP650
running 4.1 SP6.  On 4.1 you would change the global connection size in the
"props" section of objects.C to increase or decrease connection limit
(default is 25,000).  With NG FP3 this is configurable on each enforcement
point, under the "Capacity Optimization" section of the firewall properties
(done from SmartDashboard on the management).  However, the change is not
taking affect.  When I run "fw tab -t connections" I still see:

limit 25000

Is this something that still needs to manually be done with backward
compatibility, or am I missing something?

-Aaron