Re: [FW-1] Secureplatform - licensing and security

If you have a Software Subscription, you can just download it.  Your existing license will cover it.

One of the main concepts behind Secureplatform was to take all the time and effort of hardening the OS out of the picture.  Checkpoint's install is hardened out of the box, and they don't support it if you make changes like addings rpms or recompiling.

I got this info from a recent CheckPoint Seminar, and have plans to test it out in the near future.

>>> [email protected] 10/30/02 12:50PM >>>
Hello all,

After reading the mailing list for awhile and seeing as how many of you are
using secureplatform I was wondering how I might be able to get it as well.
What are the licensing issues behind it? I checked on CheckPoint's price
list (https://pricelist.checkpoint.com/sections/Enterprise.asp) and didn't
find it listed. Can you run it with just a FW-1 license?

Also, is secureplatform secure enough to cut down the time it takes to
harden an OS like Windows 2000? What I mean is, am I going to be spending
time customizing and hardening the system, or does it just work off the
install, defaults and all?

In general, what do you think about the secureplatform?

Thanks for your help.

Ian Neubert
Director of IS
TWAcomm.com, Inc.