From: libone mhlanga [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 6:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] SecureRemote NG + Radius

Well there are three of us interested now ...i tried last night and failed
to make FW1/VPN1-NG FP2 talk to an already existing RADIUS server !!
--

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:08:52
 Lars Troen wrote:
>A,
>There have been quite a few such requests lately. I'll see if I can write a
step by step howto on the topic as it's not documented on Phoneboy or
anywhere else that I've found.

>But the basics are:
>- With nt4sp4 and later, plus in w2k (any sp) each user must be granted
dial-in rights.
>- clear text (pap) authentication (no ms-chap or similar)
>- It works with both radius 1.0 and 2.0 protocol settings on fw1.
>- Make sure the firewall and the radius server can talk to each other and
that there are no natting taking place on the radius communication.
>- For debugging purposes, tcpdump/network monitor and netcat are useful
tools. Radius is using udp so you can't use telnet to verify the connection.
>- The radius shared secret might be sensitive about some characters, I
don't remember which ones and if it was fw1 or w2k that caused this problem.