[FW-1] DMZ setup

Can anyone point me to a resource or FAQ to get info on setting up a
separate physical DMZ interface using Public IPs (non-NAT)?  I have a
Nokia platform with 4.1.  I haven't found anything on Phoneboy or in the
4.1 / Nokia documentation.
I see lots of people are doing that here as well and I have a basic
understanding but I have questions such as, does the DMZ interface
itself require a routable (public) IP in this mode?  Is it worse from a
security standpoint than using NAT (as long as physically separate from
the LAN interface)?

thanks,
Chris