From: Mayooran Pooranachandran [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 October 2002 1:17 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Newbie CheckPoint NG question

Hi,
I have installed CheckPoint NG FP2 on a Win2K advanced server box.  Install went fine and I have it configured as per the docs with the following network objects follows:
Internal Networks: 192.168.249.0, 192.168.251.0
I also configured NAT for these networks to NAT to the external interface of the firewall.  When I try to access the internet, the firewall logs show that the packets are being accepted, but I cannot seem to access any internet sites.  The Log's accept line does not show any address translation info, simply the accept in green.
Rule 1:
Src: Trusted_Net
Dest: Any
Service: Any
Action: Accept
Track: Log
Installed On: Gateways.
Rule 2:
Src: any
Dest: any
service: any
action: drop
track: Log
Installed On: Gateway
Management and Enforcement modules are on the same box.
Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Mayooran Pooranachandran
Director, Network Services
Danier Leather Inc.

the Network Administrator on +61 3 9667 6699.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses and inappropriate content.