Re: [FW-1] Change management tools and techniques

Checkpoint NG FP2 and higher, I believe it is, has built in revision
control, but my response to your broader question is that I use CVS to
manage all of my text based configuration files (contemplating a move to
subversion in the near future).  CVS is a very capable versioning systems
used to manage Open Source projects the world over, it works very very
well for my purposes. I manage a large amount of security devices for a
large amount of clients and require quite a bit of rollback and version
data. Hope that helps.

Bill

--->crypto isakmp spoketh:
> What tools are you using to manage fw-1, access routers, <insert other
> security device> changes?
>
> I am currently working with an excel spreadsheet but am considering the
> benefits of creating an access or sql database to track changes to
> rules, objects etc.  Long term goal is to write a php front-end with
> ssl to provide the network team with a web-based change management
> facility.  Then as soon as a rule or access-list change is made, the
> change can be manually updated in the change-management database.
>
> Are there any opensource or commercial products out there already
> providing this functionality?
>
> Keep in mind the tool needs to cover rules, objects, nats plus router
> reflexive lists, ios firewall configs, pix configs, ids configs etc.
>
> Appreciate all experiences you may have.
>
> Regards
> Dave

> [email protected]

One man with belief is equal in force to ninety-nine who only have
interests.
--John Stuart Mill