Re: [FW-1] Secure Platform upgrade to FP3

Title: Zpr�va

            It is explained in SecurePlatform User Guide , page 88

Upgrading SecurePlatform Overview

There are two ways to upgrade your SecurePlatform computer:

1 Upgrade from the CD using patch add cd command

2 Upgrade Using SmartUpdate.

Upgrade using the NG FP3 CD

1 Insert the SecurePlatform NG FP3 CD into the CD-ROM drive.

2 Enter the expert mode:# expert

3 Run patch add cd

4 Choose the package you want to install from the menu.

When upgrading from SecurePlatform FP2, the patch command line should be updated. To do so apply the following steps:

Mount the CD using the following command:# mount /mnt/cdrom

Update the patch program by installing the CPpatch_command.tgz package from the CD:

# patch add /mnt/cdrom/SecurePlatform/patch/CPpatch_command.tgz

Upgrade using SmartUpdate

There are two steps that are needed to upgrade SecurePlatform using

SmartUpdate:

Adding SecurePlatform package to SmartUpdate repository

1 From the main menu choose Products >New Product >Add From CD

2 Choose the CD, and press OK

3 In the Add Product From CD Dialog choose SecurePlatform_AMD, or

SecurePlatform_Intel. These are the packages for AMD and Intel processors.

4 Press OK to add the package you chose to the repository.

Upgrading SecurePlatform

1 Choose the machine you want to upgrade.

2 Right click, and choose Install Product

3 Choose the package you want to install (SecurePlatform_AMD or SecurePlatform_Intel) and press OK.