[FW-1] Connection cannot be initiated -- Help please !

Hello

I a am a newbye on this list, and however have worked for years in network, I
am new to checkpoint technologies.

I installed from scratch a FW1 FP3 from Checkpoint on a NT4 system with SP6a.

I still have not defined any policy on the server, and the network is not
physically connected.

When I try to connect from the management GUI (on the same machine), I got the
following message :

"[FW1] 'Connection cannot be initiated. Check that the server x.x.x.x is up and
running".

I tried all suggestions on this list (and others with no success).
When I type fwm uninstall <machine name>, I got the message : this station is
not configured.

I allowed all local IP adresses to connect to the server (there are several
interfaces since it is the machine that runs the firewall).

I have no licencing error message in the logs. The SIC is set at the
configuration GUI.

I am blocked and don't know where to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Francois Le Ralle.