Re: [FW-1] How do you add gui client ?

John,

Try using the visual DBedit tool to add the client to gui-clients and then
push a policy.

You can get the DBedit tool from the public Check Point knowledge base.

|---------+---------------------------------------------->
|         |           John Gesualdi <[email protected]> |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for          |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           kpoint.com>                        |
|         |                                              |
|         |                                              |
|         |           10/08/2002 02:36 PM                |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list for |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |                                              |
|---------+---------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       [email protected]                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [FW-1] How do you add gui client ?                                           |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

    I'm running NG FP2 on my management server, I need to add another gui
client. I tried using  the  cpconfig program and selected option 3 ( Add
gui
client).  From here I enter in the IP address. I can see that cpconfig
added the
IP address into  the gui-clients file in $FWDIR/conf directory but it does
not
change the gui-clients.def  file. The result is the new gui client can't
cannect
to the management server.  How do I add a new gui client? Thanks.

--

John A. Gesualdi,    CCNP, CCDP, MCSE 2000
[email protected]