[FW-1] HELP: Setting up HA - MAC address configuration

Hi,
I have a Checkpoint NG FP2 module running on
Solaris 2.8, controlled by an NG Management Station
on a Windows 2000 Server.

I must set up a HA Gateway Cluster, adding a second
Solaris 2.8 module.

I plan to install, set up SIC, configure and license
the secondary while keeping it attached ONLY
to the sync network,
without connecting it to the hubs and switches
used by the primary.

Then, once the Gateway Cluster is created on the
Management Station, install the policy : this
(according to the manuals) should set up the
MAC address automatically and transparently.

Only then I will attach the secondary's EXT and INT
interfaces to the hubs and switches to which the
primary is installed.

The whole procedure should avoid address conflicts.
Is this correct? Is MAC address configuration really
painless? just when should I connect the secondary
on the internal and external networks?

Thank you.

http://faith.yahoo.com