From: Matthias Leu [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 11:52 AM
To: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Hide nat using public IP...

Hi Chris,
it depends on the configuration of the Check Point.
- Hiding behind the external NIC of the Firewall is as well possible as
hiding behind a dedicated IP for NAT.
- This hiding IP can also be bound to a dynamic IP-address (e.g.
Firewall with Dial-In) in Next Generation.
- There is no restriction to 1 hiding IP for 1 Network. So you can NAT
very many networks to only 1 IP. The first point is still valid, also
for this.
Hope it helps,
best regards,
Matthias
http://www.fw-1.de

--
AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
Wagenberger Stra�e 1