From: Trent Libby [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 04 October 2002 17:01
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Problem with CITRIX access outside the Firewall

I recently put a Checkpoint firewall back into production after a very bumpy upgrade from 4.1 to NG FP1.  They have access to a CITRIX server on the outside.  Until I installed I put the Firewall back into production they had no problems connecting to this site.  Now it acts as if it is connecting to the CITRIX server, but then the CITRIX just closes itself with no errors.  To check to see if possibly I needed to open another port that was needed I set the rule for access out to allow any service.  Still would not connect fully.  So I put the broadband router back on the network and it connected with no problems.

I need to get this fixed ASAP and not sure what is missing.  I am gathering the CITRIX server needs access through the firewall on a certain port and the firewall is blocking it.  Has anyone had this problem before and if so any ideas on how to fix it?

Trent Libby

Sysdyne Inc.

2539 Boardwalk

San Antonio, TX 78217