From: Torkel Mathisen [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 2. lokakuuta 2002 19:32
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Provider-1 NG FP2 messed up the global rules

I experience the weirdest thing just now and its kind of an emergency
here.

One of the global rules managed to get in the rulebases for our firewalls.
All of them. Its the global cleanup rule that is now actaully IN (at the
bottom) all our firewall rulebases.

When I try to unassign the global rules it is still there and because
its a global rule I can't delete it or anything.

I have backup of /var/opt/CPmds-50 so I tried to copy some files back
into Provider-1. I copied *.W, *.pf, rulebases_5_0.fws back. Both for
the respective firewalls and for the global rules.

It didn't solve the problem.

Have anyone experienced this before?  It must be a bug in Provider-1 NG
FP2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Torkel