Re: [FW-1] CVP and Interscan

At 12:20 PM 10/2/02, Messier, Michel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a fairly simple question. We're putting Viruswall in place using CVP.
>The antivirus is in a private area right off the FW. We have only 1 server
>running the AV. If the AV server fails, what happens to the traffic? Is it
>stopped? Is it allowed through? Can I configure Checkpoint to allow the
>traffic through?
>
>My environment:
>- Nokia IP440
>- NG FP2

If you're using the AV for email, the email will queue up in the
$FWDIR/spool directory on the firewall until you either get the AV server
working again or you load a policy that doesn't send email to the AV
server.  I assume if you're using AV for ftp and/or http, the traffic will
stop.  Configure any spare wintel box you have as a backup so you'll always
have a backup.  Even if this means you'll be running in a degraded
mode.  With Bugbear currently running around, it's a good thing to have
some kind of protection.  But yes, you can easily configure Checkpoint to
allow the traffic through.

-- Joe