Re: [FW-1] Import Fwall Logs to SQL Server

Hi Erin,

Yep.  I use SecurePlatform FP2 and I have a cronjob scheduled to run after
the midnight logswitch.  If you want the whole thing I can send it to you
but the crux of it is that it runs:

/opt/CPfw1-50/bin/fwm logexport -i logfilename.log -o /pickup/logfile -a

which dumps a processed log into /pickup/logfile.  The -a tells it to use
the accounting log.

I then do some more stuff on it to get it into a usable and consistent
format (since it seems to vary the order of fields depending on what is in
the logfile), tftp it off to the Db server where it is picked up by a
scheduled DTS job.

If you want further detailed info feel free to mail me off list.

Damo