[FW-1] NAT and secureremote

i'm trying to create a NAT pool to be used for our secure remote clients.

I defined an address range which is in the 172.16.x.x network, which is the
network of our internal LAN. NAT pool is (172.16.50.2 - 99) these
particular ip's are not being used on our LAN.  On the NAT tab of the
address range i  checked "add automatic address translation rules" and
picked "hide" for translation method and checked "hide behind the interface
of the install on gateway" and Install on gateway "all"

then under policy, global properties i checked the "enable ip pool NAT for
secureremote/secureclient and gateway .......

then under the vpn communities object i made under the participant gateways
properties, under nat i checked the "use ip pool NAT for secureremote ...."
box and chose the address range that i made above.

i saved all and this doesn't work.  If i disable the "use ip pool NAT for
secureremote....) box it works fine but with no NAT

any ideas?

thanks,

ted
element k