From: Ray Li [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 12:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Fw: [FW-1] Anti-spoofing warning

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your advice.  I believe network object means the CheckPoint Host (Firewall) and opened it to Topology tab in Policy Editor.  There were two interfaces: eth-s1p1co and eth-s2p1co inside the table.  The first one is connected to internet using a public IP and the second one to the local LAN using a private IP for the firewall.  After I clicked "Get Topology .." button, a caution showed that "Topology and anti-spoofing settings that are already defined will be overwritten by results of this operation that contradict them, if any.  Do you want to continue?"  It seems the anti-spoofing has been set before.  I have a query about the IPs to be filled in before I continue and seek your further advice.

1.  For the interface to internet, what should I put in the IP column?

2.  For local LAN interface, our workstations are in the range of 192.168.0.11 to 192.168.0.40.  How can I put a range of IP as there is only one space available?  Other IPs, i.e., network printer IPs, are not needed to be included here since they do not need to pass thru the firewall.

Thanks,

Ray