[FW-1] Wireless VPN Client

Are there any white papers out that explain the issues with using secure
remote over a wireless network?

Ive got a boss that wants to set up a wireless LAN in his home and run VPN
connections with secure remote..I have heard various stories about SR
working over 802.11b and many stories about not doing this for security
reasons..

A- Does it work?

B- Whether it works or not why would I NOT want to do this?

Ive been pretty successful in deterring our general VPN users from this set
up but I think I need more hard data for arguing it with the big guy...

FW/VPN1 ver 4.1 is the enviro BTW.

Many thanks.

Louis F.X. Santangelo

This message is intended only  for  the  personal  and  confidential  use of
the  designated  recipient(s)  named  above.  If  you  are not  the intended
recipient  of  this  message  you  are  hereby  notified  that  any  review,
dissemination,   distribution  or  copying  of   this  message  is  strictly
prohibited. This communication  is  for information purposes only and should
not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer  to buy
any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an
official  statement  of  Gabelli Asset Management Inc.  Email  transmission
cannot  be  guaranteed  to  be  secure  or  error-free. Therefore, we do not
represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be
relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.