Re: [FW-1] RES: Re: [FW-1] Ping and VPN problems

Jochen,

I try your changes, but I drop the reply with the same message

               type 0 code 0 encryption failure: error occurred scheme: IKE

I use echo-reply, echo-tcp, echo-udp, icmp-proto, any, etc. but nothing
changes.Thanks you anyway.

But, I see something strange in the log when I do a ping to de SAP net:

Action         Serv Source         Dest       proto     info
accept         IKE  my-gateway     sap-gateway     udp  len 192
key Install         my-gateway     sap-gateway          IKE Log: Phase 1
completion. 3DES/SHA1/Pre shared secret Negotiation Id: bla bla
key Install         my-gateway     sap-gateway          IKE Log: Received
Notification from Peer: Negotiation Id: bla bla
key Install         my-gateway     sap-gateway          scheme: IKE
methods: Combined ESP: 3DES+MD5 (phase 2 completion) for host: bla bla
encrypt             my-internal-srv      sap-appserver  icmp      icmp-type
8 icmp-cpde 0 scheme: IKE methods: Combined ESP: 3DES+MD5
key Install         my-gateway     sap-gateway          IKE Log: Received
Notification from Peer: no proposal chosen Negotiation Id: bla bla**
drop           sap-appserver  my-internal-srv           icmp-type 0
icmp-code 0 encryption failure: error occurred scheme: IKE

I never see the log reg with the ** whats that?
Thanks very much and sorry for my english

Diego

Jochen H�chner <[email protected]> con fecha 13/09/2002
04:44:14 a.m.

Por favor, responda a Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
      <[email protected]>

Destinatarios: [email protected]
CC:        (cci: DIEGO NOTONICA/BANELCO/AR)
Asunto:   [FW-1] RES:      Re: [FW-1] Ping and VPN problems

ohhh yes, echo-request and echo-reply are pre defined services.
I know
>>> Fabricio_Sim�o <[email protected]> 12.09.2002 22:36:13 >>>
Jochen,
I would suggest you to use as the service: icmp. It would work fine.

Fabricio