From: Roelandts, Guy [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 09 September 2002 14:11
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Management server migration

Hi,

   In the past we have successfully migrated some Windows Nt 4-Sp6, from
4.1-SPx to NG FP1 and
 afterwards from FP1 to FP2. We have also been able to back-up the Mgmt
server and re-install it
 on another server without problems ....

   Today we'd like to migrate the Windows Nt box to Windows 2000, we
followed the CP KB article
 about this and (yes I know the article says this is possible only
between server running the same
 OS) we are at the point were the FwPolicy crashes when trying to login.
This happens only after
 we restored the files from our previous Nt box.

   Anyone done this : Windows Nt 4-SP6 + NG FP2 ---> Windows 2000-SP3 +
NG FP2

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien � vous - Kind regards
Guy ROELANDTS
EMEA GS Internet Expertise Centre - CCSE-NG
Compaq BeLux - now part of the New HP
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel: +32(02)729.77.44 (options 3 - 3 - 1)
Fax: +32(02)729.77.65
This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information,
and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally
addressed. The content of this message may contain private views and
opinions which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment
unless specifically stated. Should you receive this message by mistake
please inform the sender immediately.

the system manager.

Dimension Data mail system for the presence of computer viruses.

www.uk.didata.com