From: Rajesh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Fri 06/09/2002 09:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] migration problem (MG Management server)

Hi,

I've recently migrated the Management module from a Sparc - 5 to a Sun Blade
100. Basically I've copied most of the files under $fwdir/conf to this new
machine.

I managed to open the policies using Policy editor. When I install the policy
I get the below error message:

Installing VPN/Firewall-1 policy On:fw_module

VPN-1/firewall-1 Policy installation failed for module fw_module
Reason: Connection failed - SIC failure

I reinitialized the Secure Internal Communication between the firewall module
and the management module several times. I established trust but when I click on
Test SIC status it says :

SIC Status for fw_module: Not Communicating

Peer sent wrong DN:

What could be the problem? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh.

Unix System Administrator
State Library of NSW
Macquarie Street
Sydney - 2000

Email: [email protected]
Ph: 02-92731711

This email and any attachments to it are privileged and confidential.
If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete
it. The
contents of this email are not given or endorsed by the State Library
of New
South Wales unless otherwise indicated by an authorised officer of
the
Library. Copyright law may also apply to this contents of this email.