Re: [FW-1] SIC

Hi,
the activation key is a password, used once when SIC is initialized.
Go to the CLI of the Enforcement Point and give this password by using
cpconfig. Then, go to the Management, General Properties of the
Enforcement Point and give the same password as activation key. If your
Firewall accepts 18211/tcp for pushing the certificate from Management
to Enforcement Point.
Hope it helps,
best regards,
Matthias
http://www.fw-1.de

David Gillett wrote:
We've been running for a month with a temporary machine as
our firewall.  The intended production firewall machine has
been running in test mode, with an eval license and on a
different IP.  It has also been managed from a different
management server.

The time has come to go live.  I've disconnected the temporary
machine, and changed the production machine to the correct IP
addresses and system name.  But I can't seem to get communication
to it from the live management server to install the live key
before the eval runs out on Monday.  I've found the SIC reset
in the management console, but it wants an "activation key"
which apparently is supposed to match something entered somewhere
else....

Firewall:  NG FP2 on SecurePlatform
Management:  NG FP2 on Win2K Server

Dave Gillett