Re: [FW-1] Linksys & VPN-1

Just one thought on this.  If you need anymore justification for upgrading to NG, it is 100 times easier to get the SecuRemote/SecureClient working with NG than it was with 4.1.  We struggled daily to get our remote-telecommuters working with DSL PPPOE, behind DSL routers, software DSL products etc.  With NG, almost all of those problems disappeared.  Mind you, the FWZ encryption goes away as well, but IKE over UDP has worked great.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hernandez, Moses [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Linksys & VPN-1

You mean what version of the SecureRemote Client or which version of the

Checkpoint Firewall. In any case here is what we are using on the Firewall:

Checkpoint FW-1 4.1 Build 41821. We are also using SecureRemote 4.1 SP5

(Build 4199), which must be what you are refering to. Interestingly enough

we are not having the Client access the Nokia 650 (we have 2 650's and one

330 acting as a backup). One of the 650's is our firewall, the other is just

vpn. I know this configuration is wrong, don't ask me i just inherited this.

Question is though the VPN's are not going in through the IP of the ethernet

interface of the nokia but rather the management server ip address. Could

this be the issue? Why would it only affect Bellsouth PPPOE customers?