Re: [FW-1] Question about Intallation Type of NG(Thanks)

Hello,
Many thanks to Leonardo Boulton and Scott Friedman for their very
useful advice. For safety, I reinstalled it.

Cheers,

--Wen

lboulton> Theoretically you don't have to uninstall the module and reinstall it. You
lboulton> can install a managment console on a separate machine. However, you'll have
lboulton> to uninstall manually the previouse managment on the solaris8.
lboulton>
lboulton> I, personally, recomend to uninstall everything and reinstall it as you
lboulton> want. Otherwise it can bring you lots of problems...
lboulton>
lboulton> -----Mensaje original-----
lboulton> De: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
lboulton> [mailto:[email protected]]En nombre de Wen
lboulton> Guangcheng
lboulton> Enviado el: Monday, August 26, 2002 2:59 AM
lboulton> Para: [email protected]
lboulton> Asunto: [FW-1] Question about Intallation Type of NG
lboulton>
lboulton>
lboulton> Hello Gurus,
lboulton> I have installed FW-1 NG FP2 in a Solaris8 box.
lboulton> In my installation, Enterprise Primary Management and Enforcement Module
lboulton> was selected as installation type. Now I hope to separate the management
lboulton> server
lboulton> from the FW-1 module in Solaris8 and install it in a Windows box.
lboulton> Do I have to reinstall FW-1 module in Solaris8 by selecting Enforcement
lboulton> Module
lboulton> as Installation Type?
lboulton> Thanks in advance!
lboulton>
lboulton> Best regards,
lboulton>
lboulton> --Wen
lboulton>
lboulton> =================================================
lboulton> To set vacation, Out Of Office, or away messages,
lboulton> send an email to [email protected]
lboulton> in the BODY of the email add:
lboulton> set fw-1-mailinglist nomail
lboulton> To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
lboulton> please see the instructions at
lboulton> http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailing.html
lboulton> If you have any questions on how to change your
lboulton> subscription options, email
lboulton> [email protected]