[FW-1] Securemote/VPN-1 4.1 not decrypting all services

I have an interesting problem with a securemote implementation I am working
with.  Users, can install a new site and authenticate their session against
the firewall.  The log shows the topology download along with Phase1 and
Phase2 key installs being completed successfully.  Users are able to ping
systems within the encryption domain and the log shows successful
decrypt/encrypt entries for icmp  under rule 0 (I'm not sure if it is a
significant point that rule 0 is doing this).   However, trying any other
service against these systems fails - the firewall drops the packets based
on my last any>any>any>drop rule.

I have reviewed my configuration in detail and have read through the VPN
Admin guide (just to make sure I didn't miss anything). I have also
compared the config against other systems that work - I cannot see anything
that I have missed (only difference is NT vs W2K).  I have even tried using
IP Pools just in case it was a IP routing problem (though the fact that
pings make it through would indicate my routing is not the issue).

Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before?  The thing that puzzles me
most is why icmp packets can make it though on rule 0 but nothing else
can....

My configuration is as follows:

Firewall:   VPN-1 v4.1 SP6 installed on W2K SP3
Securemote: SP5 on XP
            SP4 on W2K
Policy Rules:     users@all>encryptiondomain>any>client encrypt
            any>fw>any>reject