[FW-1] Problem With Win2K and Static NAT in NG

I currently have Firewall-1 NG FP1 installed on a Win2K Server.  I originally read that all I needed to do to rout traffic through the server is edit the following Key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\IPEnableRouter

And set to 1.

I did this originally and it would not route traffic.  I did get it to route traffic though after enabling RRAS.  Once I got it to route traffic all seemed to be running fine.  I installed NG FP1 and got all my rules and policies and everything was routing with no problems.  Then comes the Snag.

I have an internal MS Exchange Server that needs to have a Static Route set to it so that Outside can send email to my customer.  So I do the Static Route and make sure I have Automatic ARP configured in the Policy Global Properties.  It does not work.  I find Article sk699 on the Checkpoint Knowledge Base that says that I must disable RRAS.  It says as long as I have the DWORD for IPEnableRouter set to 1 and Automatic ARP is on in the Policy Global Properties it will work fine, but as soon as I disable RRAS and reboot the server will no longer route traffic.

Is there something I am missing here.  Is there some other setting that needs to be set in Win2K so that I do not have to have RRAS enabled.  This Customer has to have their Email server operational and it needs to stay behind the firewall.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Trent Libby

Sysdyne Inc.

2539 Boardwalk