Re: [FW-1] How to make a rule to allow telnet to the firewall?

Hello,

Lars.Troen> 1. disconnect firewall from external nets.
Lars.Troen> 2. issue "fw ctl uninstall" on the firewall.
Lars.Troen> 3. Now you can contact the firewall from wherever you like. Use the policy editor to recreate the lost rule.
Lars.Troen> 3. Install the policy.
Lars.Troen> 4. Reconnect external networks again.

Ok, I get the policy editor back. Thank you so much.

t-systems-fitz> maybe you have some problems with antispoofing. Make sure that the network
t-systems-fitz> 10.8.46.0 is defined as allowed network at the internal interface of your
t-systems-fitz> firewallobject. You have to define antispoofing under the topology tab of
t-systems-fitz> the firewallobject.

Thanks. But I am not sure howto define the network 10.8.46.0 as allowed
network at the inetrnal ineterface of the firewallobject.
The following description is my system and what I did.
fwlb2 is defined as a check point object which topology is as follows,
Name   Ip Address      Network Mask   IP Addresses behind interface
eri0  192.168.20.254  255.255.255.0       This Network
eri1  200.240.2.1     255.255.255.0       External

The Topology of eri0 is
Internal(leads to the local network) is selected.
Under IP Addresses behind this interface,
Network defined by the inetrface IP and Net Mask is selected.
Anti-Spoofing
Perform Anti-Spoofing based on interface topology is checked.
Spoof Tracking: Alert

As you know, I could not telnet to the firewall from any client
from the network 10.8.46.0.

A network object office is defined as,
Network adress: 10.8.46.0
Net Mask: 255.255.255.0