Re: [FW-1] Problems after 4.1SP5 to NG FP2 migration - mostly sol ved

I've made two changes this morning to the configuration of our firewall in
order to resolve some of the problems we were seeing yesterday.

1. I've re-created the firewall object in the policy so that its primary IP
address is the external one. This is the root cause of the 10 minute timeout
with SecuRemote and may well have had a knock-on effect with other issues.

2. I've noticed that Outlook, when synchronising with Exchange in offline
mode, uses NetBIOS traffic, so I've permitted that in the rules. Outlook now
successfully synchronises.

We are now waiting to see if all of our staff can get successfully get the
site topology.

Curiously enough, I'm not sure what CheckPoint's MSExchange service
definition is supposed to support, but it doesn't work with Outlook in
offline mode. I'm still have to allow "any" through to our Exchange server
for SecuRemote users.

Thanks to those who replied to my earlier query.

--Philip

--
Philip Colmer MBCS CEng                 Tel: 01223 271223
I.T. Manager                            Fax: 01223 215513