[FW-1] How can I stop SecureClient/remote sending DNS to server defined in userc.C when inside encryption domain

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] How can I stop SecureClient/remote sending DNS to server defined in userc.C when inside encryption domain
  • From: Josh Fry <[email protected]>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:24:03 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hi all,

I have split encrypted DNS working,
however there is one thing I have noticed that is a bit odd .

when out side our encryption domain if I try to resolve one of the domains I have defined in the userc.C file it works fine
the packet will be encrypted and sent through to our namservers internally.
and if it is some other domain the secure client ignores it and lets that packet go to whatever other nameservers are defined for that host.

however if someone brings their laptop into the office and then still have secure remote running ..
any time they try to resolve  one of the domains defined in the userc.C file ... the packet still gets sent to that nameserver.
rather than the ones defined for use internally on our network.

why is this happening ??? the laptop is on a network that is defined as part of the encryption domain so the packets are not being encrypted and the user is not authenticated ..
but they are still using the namserver defined in userc.C and not the one that they should be using ...i.e one dished out to them on the network

any thoughts of how I can disable this

kind regards

josh