Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Telnet Access to Nokia IP650 as a Checkpoint NG Enforcement Point

You didn?t say what happens when the firewall software package is turned off, but I would suggest checking what you have defined as your shell.
Bill

On 8/19/02 9:30 PM, "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote:

I am experiencing a weird problem and hope someone may have seen this before.

I have done a clean install of Checkpoint NG on an NT Server (Management) and a Nokia IP650 (enforcement point).  All licensing is OK, I can download policy, the status manager reports a "connected state", etc.

My problem is that when telnetting to the Nokia IP650, I get no activity at the telnet console, BUT

1)  the checkpoint logs indicate an accepted packet
2)  a "netstat -an" at the Nokia IP650 indicates an established telnet connection.
3)  a "netstat -an" at any PC I have telnetted from indicates an established telnet connection.
4)  I have tried this with MS command line telnet and hyperterminal and seen identical issues.

One last thing.  When the firewall software package is turned off (similar to uninstalling), then telnet.

I have not had a chance to sniff/tcpdump the problem yet.

Regards
Bill