Re: [FW-1] What does the update button do?

Update site causes userc.C to be reread and recreated.

In general, this is not frequently used.
Update site will allow the client to catch up to
        encryption domain changes
        DNS server changes
        Netbios server changes

greg

Carric Dooley wrote:

> Anyone know the specifics of what the "Update Site" button does in the
> Secure Remote/Secure Client. It is difficult to find any good
> documentation on this. I have heard that it downloads the userc.c file,
> but is it doing anything else?? The question has come up about this also
> providing some "synchronization" for clients that use SecureID. I have
> looke for a while now, and I'm hoping someone knows.
>
> Thanks

> [email protected]

Greg Polanski                    mailto:[email protected]
ADC Telecommunications, IncMSFAX
PO Box 1cell/pager
Minneapolis, MN  [email protected]