Re: [FW-1] SAM question

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 02:41, Lars Troen wrote:
> Thanks Crist!
> You're absolutely correct (p762 of the Management Guide).
>
> Lars

While that applies to 'fw sam', would you also know how an OPSEC
application can force a drop instead of a reject?

The app I had written uses (within the OPSEC SDK functions):

/* strcpy(msg,"Inhibit & Close");   4.x lingo */
   strcpy(msg,"Inhibit-Drop");   /* ng lingo */

So I hope it is using a drop by default. (I can only hope since I don't
have an NG around for testing).

Regards,
Frank

(Lars, could you please confirm that SnortSam drops and not rejects?)