Re: [FW-1] FW-1 SmallOffice Q's

turns out I have to do this anyway.
We were running Secure platform, but Checkpoint HQ says we need to run NT 4 to
do our IPX stuff.  So I get to switch platforms again <scarcasim>happy, happy,
joy, joy</scarcasim>.
I noticed that in the windows installer, you can choose enterprise, and managed
locally (there isn't even a smalloffice option.  Our reseller confirmed that we
can use the enterprise install and GUI as Small Office.
And seeing as how the GUI is at no extra charge, we'll use that and won't have a
need to switch.
Thanks,
Russell Lewis

"Jose Garcia" <[email protected]> on 08/08/2002 02:27:42 PM

      <[email protected]>
cc:    (bcc: RUSSELL T. LEWIS/SPECTRAL RESPONSE INC./SPECTRALNT1)
Subject:  Re: [FW-1] FW-1 SmallOffice Q's

>will I be able to use the visual editors, or will I have to license that
as well
>(it's only managed locally). I do have a 30 day trial of all NG FP2
stuff.

Yes, a single-gateway license of the management console is included in the
SO license (see below).
And additionally you can manage it from the Enterprise mgmt console (EMC-U
or SMC-U).

""Note that a license for the Check Point Management Console is available
free-of charge with the gateway for single gateway applications. This
provides customers with the flexibility to economically deploy a more
granular security policy.""

>If i have to license them, can I swich from GUI to web after we setup a
few NAT
>rules/exceptions?

No, once installed in either traditional or web edition mode, no way to
"switch" to the other mode. The binaries are not the same...

Jose Garcia
Technical Network Consultant
CSS N.V.
Tel: +32 475 66.04.05