From: Christopher Collins [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 3:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Localhost is not defined as firewalled

Hi there,

I keep getting this message when I try to push a security policy from my management station (Win2K / CP 4.1) to the firewall module (NT4 / CP 4.1).  When I try to push the policy through the CP GUI, I get connection refused. The module and management cannot ping each other because of the policy I assume. If I do a FW UNLOAD 127.0.0.1 on the FW module, I can then ping the management station and the management station can then ping the module.

We have

·       redone and verified the putkeys numerous times (they are eval licenses)
·       verified that the management station is defined as such in the policy
·       re-associated the management -> module and module -> management in the Check Point Config GUI

Anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

---