Re: [FW-1] Windows Update Site Does Not Work Now

This is a know Checkpoint issue.   There is a problem with the way the
security server translates the request.  At this point I am still
waiting on a workaround.  The best option is for EVERYONE that has this
problem to contact Checkpoint so they are aware how widespread the issue
is.  Hopefully this will prompt a service pack, hotfix, or at least a
setting that can be changed.

hll wrote:

> Recently the windows update site was changed from
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com to v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com.  Now none
> of my Windows 2000 or Windows XP boxes can complete the update through
> our firewall.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, Lloyd

> [email protected]
> Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 8:48 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [FW-1] FW-1 at fwname: Access denied.
>
>      FW-1 version:   FW1-4.1 SP6 + hotfix341609 (on Nokia).
>
>      I have this error :   "FW-1 at fwname: Access denied." (on web
> browsers), and  HTTP access (using client authentication) are locked ,
> this problem occurs a few minutes and it comes back OK.
>
> During this period, I have this errors in ahttpd.elg file :
>
> compare_uri : memory allocation error: Cannot allocate memory
> compare_uri : memory allocation error: Cannot allocate memory
> compare_uri : memory allocation error: Cannot allocate memory
> compare_uri : memory allocation error: Cannot allocate memory
>
> Thanks,
> Michael.

> [email protected]
> [email protected]

Eric D. Leuthardt
MOUS, A+, i-Net+, Network+, CIW, MCSA, CCA
Network Administrator
Reliable Reports, Inc.
1165 S Stemmons Suite 233
Lewisville, TX [email protected]