[FW-1] Secure Client problems ...

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] Secure Client problems ...
  • From: Jeremy van Doorn <[email protected]>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:36:24 +0200
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Secure Client and for some reason I can't get it
to work correctly :(

Here's the situation:

I'm using SecurePlatform (FW1-NG-FP2) and get the following when I
create a site at my SecureClient laptop!

*       I create the Site and connect.
*       I get a username/password prompt and I enter my credentials
*       I receive (and accept) the certificate from the Firewall
*       I get confirmation of correct authentication
*       I get the Site Information
*       I get a message if I would like to download a policy from the
policy  server and I select to do so!
*       I see that SecureClient is trying to exchange Keys with the
firewall,       but after a while, I get a messages that the Client
failed to       communicate with the Policy Server at site XYZ.

I have tried UDP encapsulation and IKE over TCP but both do not resolve
the problem :(

In the Firewall logs I see the following entries:

*       Action  Service Source          Destination
*       ACCEPT  FW1_topo        SecureClient    Firewall
*       ACCEPT  IKE             SecureClient    Firewall
*       ACCEPT  RADIUS  Firewall                Radius Server
*       ACCEPT  FW1_topo        SecureClient    Firewall
*       key install     (IKE: Main mode completion)
*       login                           SecureClient    Firewall
(reason: User           Authenticated by Firewall. Sending SSL Encrypted
Topology, using IKE     authentication.

That's all I get in the log...
I have no idea what the problem is, so I would be very gratefull if you
could help me with this!

Thanks in advance ....

Jeremy van Doorn

[  Member of Carcharias Networks  ]