[FW-1] Nokia 330/530 asymmetric load balancing?

Hey all,

I have a client who is looking at expanding their existing Nokia
firewall setup. They are currently running an IP330 which serves their
1100 internal employees as well as routing access from their external
clients to the webservers.

They want to install a second Nokia (probably a 530) ** in parallel **
with their existing system (at least as a temporary measure while they
save pennies for a second 530) to eliminate this single point of
failure.

How well does VRRP function between different model Nokias like the two
we have here? Configuring hot failover shouldn't be a problem, but what
about load balancing? Is it possible to configure some routes through
the firewall as load balanced (for example, external customers to
website) while leaving other routes (for example the less critical ftp)
dependant on one box? If not by port, can I do this by IP range?

(I am assuming that the hardware guts is different and hence the
throughput of the 530 is higher. I'm not sure... not actually having a
Nokia of my own means I can't get access to the documentation on the
Nokia website, and an email request along the lines of "Look, I am
trying to sell your boxes. Can I please have the manuals" yielded
nothing. :/  If anybody would care to lend me a pdf or three..
330/550/Nokia VRRP config/IPSO... I would be eternally grateful.)

Oh.. I am assuming that I only need to run a single cross-over between
the two Nokias. If I need more than that I am stuffed as the 330 already

has 4 of its 5 ports utilized.

Thanks a lot for your brains,

Matt
(Checkpoint 3.0 trained and trying to catch up)

--
Informática, Telecomunicacions y Sistemas, S.A.
Avda. El condor 720                     http://www.its.cl