Re: [FW-1] Telnet session disconnect over VPN

well maybe hours is a bit of an overshot... perhaps an hour. The telnet
sessions are basically part of an ERP system that is used often. The
problem is that when the sessions are cut - this leaves orphaned processes
on the unix box... thus a pain for admin staff.

Thanks for your input everybody

Robert Rutherford
MIS Department - DEK
+44 (0)1305 208232
+44 (0)7970 122362

|---------+---------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Zeltser, Roman"                   |
|         |           <[email protected]>            |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for          |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           kpoint.com>                        |
|         |                                              |
|         |                                              |
|         |           08/07/2002 14:47                   |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list for |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1           |
|         |                                              |
|---------+---------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       [email protected]                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [FW-1] Telnet session disconnect over VPN                                |

>>The problem is that they can leave the sessions open for hours
with inactivity.

Rob,
In this case, I would change your security policy because this situation is
considered a security policy violation (even if you use SSH)

Roman Zeltser,
@National Computer Center,
RSIS & DNE