Re: [FW-1] FW-1 NG on Linux Red Hat 7.3

Torkel Mathisen <[email protected]> writes:

> > > we are trying to install Firewall-1 NG on the last verion
> > of Red Hat (7.3)
> > > with kernel 2.4.18-3 and FP 2 installed.
> >
> > Greetings Espana,
> >
> > First of all you have to use kernel 2.4.9-31 with NG. If you dont use
> > this version. You'll get the following error like this (fw1 module not
> > loaded!). However i got the same error regarding *conflict* But i
> > ignored it.. ;-)
>
> You can also use kernel 2.4.9-34. We do that on 7.2 because the 2.4.9-31
> kernel has a bug in it so we couldn't get linux-ha to work.

Which bug would this be? I have been sweating a LOT to try and get
ClusterXL to play ball under RH72 with -30 kernel, and it seems to be
a no go. Basically what happpens is that after I put the policy on
both nodes, one of them (random) will stop talking to anyone. This is
set up for load sharing, not HA.

ttfn,
Alexander Hoogerhuis                               | [email protected]
CCNP - CCDP - MCNE - CCSE                          | +47 908 21 485
"You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it."  --Scott McNealy