Re: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] Name resolution

> > Dude, this is so not a firewall issue. You can't do this with a
> > firewall, and this functionality doesn't make sense with a firewall
> > anyway. The DNS suffix lists ARE the way to do this.
>                         -&
> I hate to be a contrarian, but people run DNS on raptor firewalls all of
> the time.  I know you probably meant checkpoint firewalls, but I just
> had to bust your hump a little ;-)
Steve,

It wasn't the firewall we were talking about here, but rather SecuRemote.
The problem with trying to resolve "hostname" instead of
"hostname.domain.com" is the the client system will automatically append
the suffix lists to name service requests. That is what (I believe) he
meant when he said this was not a firewall issue. Technically it is a
problem with the VPN client software.

-Don