Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 6:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] NGFP2 - IKE - SonicWALL - Win2000 Server

I am new to this list and I am very glad I found it, hopefully I will be able to contribute in the future.

My question comes from the standpoint of using IKE with NG FP2 to my remote SonicWALL appliances.

Currently, I am running manual IPSEC between the SW's and my 4.1 SP5 firewall. Unfortunately, NGFP2 no longer supports IPSEC so I am working in my test environment to implement IKE. I have had no luck whatsoever, the documents from SonicWALL appear to be based on a FP1 product at best and SecureKnowl'ge from Checkpoint has NOTHING that is of any interest in this regard. Some SonicWALL's are TELE2's, TELE3's, and SOHO/10's - they all seem to do the same.

It appears that the Phase1 is working but there is nothing beyond that. I get that wonderful IKE: Main Mode Sent Notification: no proposal chosen error.

I noticed on this list that there was some activity re this back in Sept 2001 but I've missed anything really since then.

Thoughts, guides, helps, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Roger Huff

Sr. Network Engineer

Paragon Biomedical, Inc.

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.