Re: [FW-1] VPN with only firewall's ip public address

Hi Elena,

As long as the private addresses you are using on Network A and Network B don't overlap you don't have a problem. Because all traffic is encapsulated between Firewall A and Firewall B the fact that both networks use private addresses is irrelevant. Make sure however that Network A knows to route packets to Network B via Firewall A, and vice versa. You also need a NAT rule that ensures traffic between Network A and Network B is not NAT'ed, otherwise Firewall A will hide connections to Network B behind Firewall A's public address. A similar rule will be needed on Firewall B is bi-directional communication is needed. Of course you can still hide all connections to Network B behind Firewall A's public address if you want, Network B just won't be able to initiate a connection to Network A.

Dale