From: Elena Zabala [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 7:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] VPN with only firewall's ip public address

Hello,

    I'm trying to change our firewall's configuration to make a new VPN with another network (let's call it network B) but don't know how to do it.

    The thing is that the only public IP address I have from network B is its firewall's public address, the rest of the machines in network B only have private addresses. Up to know, every VPN I have made worked in a different way, thats to say, I always established a communication with the other network's machine's IP public address, and it was this other network's firewall which using NAT, translated this public adress to its corresponding private one.

    The case I'm facing now is a little bit different, just because I should establish my connection directly using the other network machine's private addresses. How can this be done?

Thanks in advance,

Elena