Re: [FW-1] Rerouting with NAT ??

do you have static routes added for the new server IP's?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Bönning [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 8:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Rerouting with NAT ??

Hello,

cause I never had tried before and I even do not know if it`s possible
at all here`s my question:

Is it possible to implement a kind of rerouting on the fw-1 ?
I.e. some servers will move to a complete new net i.e. for the actual
config it is really an external net. Now I want to reroute the incoming
traffic to the new machines. I thought it could be possible with NAT,
but I`m really not sure and the first try doesn`t work.

I`ve tried the following rule:
Any myoldserver Any allow

and a Nat Rule with

Any myoldserver any  ->  any mynewserver any

I could see the destination change in the log, but the packet never
reach the new machine.

Have I missed anything or is it just not possible. If its not possible
any further Idea how to implement it ?

TIA, Dirk.

PS.: Solaris 2.6, Fw-1 4.1