Re: [FW-1] IPSO Default Gateway Problem

Thanks for you input to do with dns lookups.

Basically there is no dns lookup going on (or shouldn't be).  The default
gateway is referenced by IP address (entered through voyager) and the ping
or telnet session are just to IP addresses too.  I guess I'm going to just
have to live with it.

.....or so I thought.  I've just looked again at the config, and realised
that the dns servers in the config aren't available from our test area.  If
it can't see them, it causes this delay.  Even when just pinging IP's i.e.
when it doesn't have to do a lookup.  Removing the dns servers or putting
our test one in cures the problem.  Thanks (Anthony/Bill)very much for you
help.

Darren Lewis

> Hi
>
> I have a very strange problem where if I put the default gateway in the
> same subnet as any one of the three interfaces on my Nokia IP330 (i.e.
how