[FW-1] IPSO Default Gateway Problem

Hi

I have a very strange problem where if I put the default gateway in the
same subnet as any one of the three interfaces on my Nokia IP330 (i.e. how
you would want it!), the firewall grinds to a halt for about 20-30 seconds
when doing some network operations.  I have noticed this when telnetting in
to the firewall, or doing a ping from within a serial console.  The telnet
session does nothing for a while and the ping just sits there, and then
after a while both just kick into life, as if everything is completely
normal.  If I remove the default gateway, everything works OK.  If I
disconnect the network cable from the interface connected to the default
gateway, the ping or telnet carries on without the normal 20-30 second
delay.  If I move the default gateway to a different interface the
behaviour remains, but the cable that I can disconnect to get the telnet of
ping going again changes accordingly.  This affects all pings and telnets,
not just those in/out of the interface with the 'problem'.  The box is a
clean install of Nokia IPSO 3.4.1-FCS11.  It doesn't make any difference
whether FW1 is running or not.  Any ideas at all?  This has to be one of
the more bizarre problems I have seen.

By the way, for those interested in a previous post where I managed to
corrupt the boot manager (by not doing an md5 on the image - idiot), I
managed to repair it.  I connected the knackered HDD as a slave on a second
IP330, and did a manual 'dd' from the master to the slave starting at
sector 63.  I was going to do it in FreeBSD, but doing it in IPSO seemed a
safer option.

If anyone has any ideas about the gateway thing, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

Darren Lewis