* From: Nico De Ranter [mailto:[email protected]]
* Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:02 AM
* To: [email protected]
* Subject: [FW-1] cannot get address of host <hostname>
*
* Hi,
*
* I'm running NG FP1 on Solaris (Sparc). I have a number of firewalls
* which are all managed from the same management server. When I try to
* install a policy on a server (called 'caffreys') I get messages
like:
*
* ruleset-1.W: Security Policy Script generated into ruleset-1.pf
* ruleset-1:
* "/opt/CPfw1-50/conf/ruleset-1.pf", line 3696: WARNING: cannot
* get address of host <charon>
* "/opt/CPfw1-50/conf/ruleset-1.pf", line 3696: WARNING: will
* not create a value table for <target_list25>
* "/opt/CPfw1-50/conf/ruleset-1.pf", line 3697: WARNING: cannot
* get address of host <budweiser>
* "/opt/CPfw1-50/conf/ruleset-1.pf", line 3697: WARNING: will
* not create a value table for <target_list26>
* Compiled OK.
*
* 'charon' and 'budweiser' are also firewalls.
* Installing on different firewalls gives different 'cannot get
* address of host ...'
* messages.
*
* All firewalls have objects on the management server with the correct
* ip-address and names. I checked /etc/hosts on the firewall to
* make sure
* they others are listed with the proper ip-addresses.
*
* Any idea why this message is generated and what I can do
* about it (does it
* harm anything?)
*
* Nico
*
*
* ---------------------------------------------------------
*  "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
*   refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
*                the computer industry."
* ---------------------------------------------------------
* Nico De Ranter
* Senior System Administrator
* Sony Service Center (SDCE/VPE-B)
* Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
* 1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
* Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
* e-mail: [email protected]
*
* =================================================
* To set vacation, Out Of Office, or away messages,
* send an email to [email protected]
* in the BODY of the email add:
* set fw-1-mailinglist nomail
* To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
* please see the instructions at
* http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailing.html
* If you have any questions on how to change your
* subscription options, email
* [email protected]
*